Thursday 23 July 2009

Changing Purposes?

Ok, so this blog may be like a week old and already I'm thinking of changing my 'mission statement', why? Because of Microlite74.

Every time I pick up Microlite74 my friends have a great time. It's quick, brutal and light and everyone appreciates it. It's easy to adapt to my purposes and there is a wealth of support for it online. The only problem is that it's perhaps a little too spartan.

Step in the more complete solution: Swords & Wizardry.

Whilst Microlite74 is a featherlite retro clone of the 0D&D Swords & Wizardry is the complete package, with Vancian Magic and variable weapon damage and the like. It;s also fundamentally the same game and even has an ascending AC system (tacked in neatly next to the 'regular' 9-down AC system). In short it gives me a game I want to run and that I can build on to for my own nefarious ends.

During the course of musing I've decided that building a campaign world on top of a pre-existing system is (for the time being)m probably the best way to go. Therefore this blog will come to host the things I've written for the campaign in order to keep it in one orderly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment