Tuesday 14 July 2009

A Little Direction on Format

One of the big obstacles I've encountered when writing systems in the past has been the layout of the rules. This might seem like a small thing given that I mean only to distribute the game amongst my friends, however a well laid out set of rules can make the difference between them understanding the rules and being completely lost. In short it's one of those things that is worth doing well.

Luckily Rob Lang has got my back and has presented a handy idiots guide to help people like me manage a good layout. A fair amount of this stuff is self explanatory, though there a few tips I've found very useful. Certainly I'm not yet ready to reveal my opus to the world, but when I am you can guess whose layout I will be borrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment